FITCH SUMMER ANALYST
Fitch Solutions is an industry-leading provider of credit, debt market, and macro intelligence solutions, and the primary distributor of Fitch Ratings content. Today, 90% of the world’s leading banks and financial institutions, as well as multinational companies, government agencies, and consulting firms based across the globe depend on Fitch content to inform their business decisions.
Fitch Solutions is part of Fitch Group, a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Fitch Group is wholly-owned by Hearst.
At Fitch, we have an open culture where employees are able to exchange ideas and perspectives, throughout the organization, irrespective of their seniority. Your voice will be heard allowing you to have a real impact. We embrace diversity and appreciate authenticity, employees work in an environment where they can be their true selves. Our inclusive and progressive approach helps us to keep a balanced perspective.
Successful applicants will join the Fitch Solutions’ Country Risk and Industry Research (CRIR) team as a graduate Associate Analyst. The CRIR team uses its expertise across political, economic and industry risk to deliver comprehensive analysis and strategic insight to the world’s top, corporates, financial institutions and policymakers. The aim is to enable our clients to understand the full range of risks and opportunities relevant to their operations.
The 12-month programme will give candidates the extensive training they need to become a successful analyst within the CRIR team. Each AA will join a specific team to build up knowledge and expertise throughout the year. You may be placed within the following teams: Automotives, Country Risk, Commodities (Agribusiness/Mining/Metals), Consumer, Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, TMT, Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare, and Custom research teams.
Throughout the programme we will provide extensive training in subjects such as macroeconomics, commodity price forecasting, financial markets and industry-specific analysis and modelling. Our Associate Analyst curriculum consists of peer sessions, on-the-job application and self-learning. Associate Analysts will have access to regular training seminars hosted by senior members of the research team and other members of the Fitch Group, in combination with rigorous hands-on guidance from senior team members.
ASSOCIATE ANALYST - ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
• Contributing analytical research on a daily basis primarily through articles, reports but also through webinars and client interaction
• Managing a portfolio of countries, producing analysis and reports assessing risks and opportunities, and creating 10-year forecasts
• Collaborating with country risk, financial market and industry analysts across global offices to ensure holistic, cutting-edge analysis
• Helping to shape the Fitch Solutions CRIR team’s global industry/country risk views and integrating views on the global/regional economy and individual sectors.
• Overseeing key sector developments and identifying value-added multi-asset investment themes
• Working alongside our Sales team and directly with our clients to communicate key views and promote our business
• 2:1 UK equivalent degree
• A strong academic background and a passion for the subject matter. Candidates need to show interest in financial markets, a basic understanding of macro principles and familiarity with world affairs. A trainee analyst will need to demonstrate ambition and a desire to learn and continue to develop as an analyst from day one.
• Candidates will also need a strong academic track record and be in their last year of study, ideally related to finance, economics political science or international relations. We also welcome applications from candidates from other disciplines such as humanities, social sciences, engineering and sciences.